Latest press conference
Peter
2006-03-18 16:35:00 UTC
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 05:50:14 -0000
From: TurquoiseB
Subject: Re: Latest press conference
Anyone who thinks that a reporter
for a respected newspaper is going to take some kind of sick
delight in putting an elderly, frail and obviously sick man
on the spot...well, that's pretty sick in itself. If he
had wanted to make MMY look bad, there are so many other
things he could have asked about--the shady business
dealings, the feud with the Kaplans involving the
misappropriation of tens of millions, Mia Farrow, why
MMY is banned from so many countries, and on and on. But
he didn't. If anyone was disrespectful during the interview,
it was MMY, not the reporter, who seemed to go out of his way
several times to be as polite as possible, and to let MMY
know that he was welcome back in England any time.
What he said.
He could tell that MMY was getting upset about the topic. He
chose to
keep going, which is his right, and assuming he had some important
question to ask, his responsibility. But... was he asking that
question in order to get a serious answer, or to see how MMY would
react?
It doesn't matter. The story is HOW Maharishi reacts.

He didn't react well.

And the TMers here know it; that's why they're trying
to make it all about the reporters being impolite.
The reporters were just doing their jobs, and *as*
reporters, more respectfully than usual. The person
who lost it and reacted badly was Maharishi.

As someone here mentioned, if TM is so good at
relieving stress, where did Maharishi's come from?
T'would seem he still has quite a bit of it left.

Well I think that meditation is working well, but to think that it will
erase all human stress right here and now is hoping too much. We are just
human beings. And Maharishi is just an old man no more no less. Superman
exist in comic books only.
j***@panix.com
2006-03-18 18:12:11 UTC
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 05:50:14 -0000
From: TurquoiseB
Anyone who thinks that a reporter
for a respected newspaper is going to take some kind of sick
delight in putting an elderly, frail and obviously sick man
on the spot...well, that's pretty sick in itself.
BTW, nobody on Fairfield Life, TMer or non-, said anything to this
effect. The person who wrote it hallucinated it.

<snip>
Post by Peter
He didn't react well.
And the TMers here know it; that's why they're trying
to make it all about the reporters being impolite.
A couple of TMers did think the reporters were being
impolite. I didn't. I thought, as Barry goes on to say,
that the reporters were just doing their jobs.
Post by Peter
The reporters were just doing their jobs, and *as*
reporters, more respectfully than usual. The person
who lost it and reacted badly was Maharishi.
On the other hand, I don't think MMY lost it or reacted
badly, either.

I haven't seen the videotape, just read the transcript.
But someone who did watch the videotape described
MMY as being full of good humor as he was sparring
with the reporters.

That doesn't surprise me. From the transcript, I got
the impression he was enjoying himself.
j***@panix.com

Martin
2006-03-19 20:14:36 UTC
Question, Peter -- what was the reporter asking, specifically and what
was MMY saying in response?
Peter
2006-03-19 20:38:37 UTC
I do not remember. Ask judy she knows for sure.
j***@panix.com
2006-03-19 20:47:57 UTC
Too complicated an exchange to recap, sorry.
LawsonE
2006-03-19 21:41:36 UTC
Post by j***@panix.com
Post by Peter
Post by Martin
Question, Peter -- what was the reporter asking, specifically and what
was MMY saying in response?
I do not remember. Ask judy she knows for sure.
Too complicated an exchange to recap, sorry.
Q: What about them Beatles?
A: Don't think about it. It's ancient history. Etc.
w***@yahoo.com
2006-03-22 02:06:14 UTC
Post by LawsonE
Q: What about them Beatles?
In a nutshell: The Maharishi threw the Beatles out for taking illegal
drugs that they smuggled into the compound and for sleeping with other
female students and neglecting their own wives. Maharishi doesn't
approve of drug taking and the mixing of the sexes while on spiritual
retreats. According to Albert Goldman, in his book "Lennon", John was
really into drug taking - weed, pot, hash, ganja, LSD, and later
methedrine and heroin - all kinds of tranquilizers, pep pills, uppers
and downers, and lots of booze and tobacco. Apparently John was really
screwed up on drugs.
Post by LawsonE
A: Don't think about it. It's ancient history. Etc.
According to Cynthia Lennon in her book "A Twist of Lennon", the
Beatles left Rishikesh in a huff. Nancy Cooke de Herrera, in her book
"Beyond Gurus", says that Paul was upset because he wanted to have sex
with Jane Asher, so he left the retreat and later made up a bunch of
lies about Maharishi's private sex life. Chopra says John was upset
because the Maharishi told him he couldn't do drugs while on TTC. So,
John left his wife Cynthia and his son for Yoko and then made up a big
lie about Maharishi having sex with Mia. Go figure. What a bunch of
hypocrites!
j***@panix.com
2006-03-22 02:24:13 UTC
Post by w***@yahoo.com
Post by LawsonE
Q: What about them Beatles?
In a nutshell: The Maharishi threw the Beatles out for taking illegal
No, actually they left in a huff when they were told a tale by one
of their hangers-on about MMY dallying with a woman follower,
as I've already pointed out, and as you know, liar.

<snip>
Post by w***@yahoo.com
John left his wife Cynthia and his son for Yoko and then made up a big
lie about Maharishi having sex with Mia.
The Mia Farrow incident and the incident that caused the Beatles
to leave were two separate events, didn't happen at the same time.
Mia wasn't even at the compound when the Beatles left. Nor did
John "make up" the story; if anybody made it up, Mia did. She
since has seemed to back off the story.
w***@yahoo.com
2006-03-22 04:07:40 UTC
Post by j***@panix.com
Post by w***@yahoo.com
In a nutshell: The Maharishi threw the Beatles out
No, actually they left in a huff when they were told a tale by one
of their hangers-on about MMY dallying with a woman follower,
as I've already pointed out, and as you know, liar.
No, actually the Maharishi threw John out, and he left in a huff with
George. And it wasn't you that first pointed out the false accusations
against the Maharishi - this has all been covered in previous threads.
You are supposed to read the messages here BEFORE you post your own
comments.

From: Kurt Arbuckle
Date: Tues, Oct 2 2001 9:21 am
Groups: alt.meditation.transcendental
Subject: JRM-Please read: McCartney gives thumbs up to MMY
http://tinyurl.com/zch4h

I doubt it makes that much difference to your mindset, but in fact it
was a combination of things it seems. There were lies told to John by
some people who were afraid the Beatles would quit making money for
them, there was some jealousy over documentary rights (and more lies),
there were John's weird expectations, and the unstressing from the
heavy rounding. As you should already know, people frequently feel the
stress release and want to leave courses without coming out first. The
Beatles simply had the means to actually leave.
Post by j***@panix.com
The Mia Farrow incident and the incident that caused the Beatles
to leave were two separate events, didn't happen at the same time.
So? I didn't say they did.
Post by j***@panix.com
Mia wasn't even at the compound when the Beatles left.
Well, do'h! Her book didn't come out until years later. Ringo Starr and
Maureen, and Paul and Jane Asher had already left. John and George and
their wives left on April 12.
Post by j***@panix.com
Nor did John "make up" the story; if anybody made it up, Mia did.
She since has seemed to back off the story.
That's what I said - all stories made up either by Alex Mardas, John
Lennon, and/or Mia Farrow.

From: John Manning
Date: Sun, Sep 30 2001 7:28 pm
Groups: alt.meditation.transcendental
Subject: Charlie Lutes on MMY
http://tinyurl.com/p7jzv

I have studied so many things, along with having meditated for over 25
years. (I quit about 8 yrs ago.) TM is a lie. Maharishi is a con man.
Ask Mia Farrow about her 'experience' with MMY. Why do you think the
Beatles RAN quickly away from his horseshit?
j***@panix.com
w***@yahoo.com
2006-03-22 05:25:58 UTC
Post by j***@panix.com
Post by w***@yahoo.com
No, actually the Maharishi threw John out, and he left in a huff with
No, actually they left in a huff when they were told a tale by one
of their hangers-on about MMY dallying with a woman follower,
as I've already pointed out, and as you know, liar.
Stop the lying, Judy - actually Paul and Jane and Ringo and Maureen had
already left the compound days before. Then the Maharishi threw John
out because John was a doper and a wife abuser. Lennon left in a huff -
George and Cynthia and Patti had a puzzled on thier face look according
to Cynthia in her book "A Twist of Lennon."

"There was a big hullabaloo about him trying to rape Mia Farrow and a
few other women, and things like that", he said. "We stayed up all
night discussing, was it true or not? We went to see Maharishi, the
whole gang of us, the next day. I was the spokesman. I said: "We're
leaving." He gave me a look like: 'I'll kill you, you bastard'. I knew
then, because he gave me such a look, I had called his bluff." - John
Lennon

j***@panix.com
w***@yahoo.com
2006-03-23 16:09:57 UTC
Post by j***@panix.com
No, actually they left in a huff when they were told a tale by one
of their hangers-on about MMY dallying with a woman follower,
as I've already pointed out, and as you know, liar.
You and Mr. Manning are the liars - the "Beatles" did not leave
Maharishi's TTC in a huff - John Lennon was thrown out for taking
drugs. I've seen no evidence posted by you that would cause me to
change my mind. If you have any more information, please post it here
so we can read it, otherwise keep your pie hole shut and stop taking up
valuable bandspace.

It is a fact that Paul and Ringo had already left the compound days
before. According to George Harrison, the rumor about the Maharishi
trying to seduce anyone at Rishikesh was a lie; George should know, he
was there.

According to Bill Harry, "Suffice it to say, John felt deeply let down
and wounded by the Maharishi, hastily split from the ashram with
George, Pattie, Cynthia and Mal, and wrote the song 'Sexy Sadie',
originally titled 'Maharishi'."

'The Ultimate Beatles Encyclopedia'
Hyperion, 1993

From: John Manning
Subject: The Road To Rishikesh
Date: Mon, Aug 19 2002 6:37 pm
Groups: alt.meditation.transcendental

There are quotes from the Beatles from other sources that put a
different light on Willy's selectivity. As the Beatles (John, George
and Paul & their entourage - [Ringo had left earlier because of health
problems]) were leaving the gates of the ashram in the early morning,
it is said that Maharishi went running to the gate. Maharishi asked,
"Why are you leaving?" Only John answered, saying, "You're cosmic, you
tell me." It was a suggestion about Maharishi's alleged 'approaches' to
some of the women on the course.

From: willytex
Subject: Maharishi and the Beatles
Date: Tues, Aug 20 2002 10:00 pm
Groups: alt.meditation.transcendental

Your recent post has proven that you are a rumormonger and a hypocrite.
There is no evidence that the Maharsihi ever made any 'advances' toward
anyone at Rishikesh.
j***@panix.com
w***@yahoo.com
2006-03-23 17:51:51 UTC
Post by j***@panix.com
No, actually they left in a huff when they were told a tale by one
of their hangers-on about MMY dallying with a woman follower,
as I've already pointed out, and as you know, liar.
You are incorrect - only John left in a huff. Stop the lying, you and
Manning.
p***@gmail.com
Lennon
WillyTex