2009-08-15 15:34:33 UTC
primary text book for consciousness development for humanity for the
next 5,000 years.
THE YOGA SUTRAS OF PATANJALI
Translated by Djwhal Kuhl and published in
The Light of the Soul: The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
by Alice A. Bailey
THE PROBLEM OF UNION
(the first 13 sutras of 51 in book 1)
1. AUM. The following instruction concerneth the Science of Union.
2. This Union (or Yoga) is achieved through the subjugation of the
psychic nature, and the restraint of the chitta (or mind).
3. When this has been accomplished, the Yogi knows himself as he is in
4. Up till now the inner man has identified himself with his forms and
with their active modifications.
5. The mind states are five, and are subject to pleasure or pain; they
are painful or not painful.
6. These modifications (activities) are correct knowledge, incorrect
knowledge, fancy, passivity (sleep) and memory.
7. The basis of correct knowledge is correct perception, correct
deduction, and correct witness (or accurate evidence).
8. Incorrect knowledge is based upon perception of the form and not
upon the state of being.
9. Fancy rests upon images which have no real existence.
10. Passivity (sleep) is based upon the quiescent state of the vrittis
(or upon the non-perception of the senses.)
11. Memory is the holding on to that which has been known.
12. The control of these modifications of the internal organ, the
mind, is to be brought about through tireless endeavor and through
13. Tireless endeavor is the constant effort to restrain the
modifications of the mind.
(Follow the link to find the whole book, and commentary by the Tibetan
on each sutra)
in the beginning was the word, and the word was: AUM
That may be the most potent mantra for meditation that the general
public has access to. Thinking 'aum' has the definite effect of
bringing one's attention to the ajna center. Doing so, helps us to be
more useful to those who oversee man's evolution from behind the
scenes (the church invisible).
"God is there all the time but we cannot realize this because the mind
is not tuned. To tune it, two things are very important: self-
restraint and a mantra.
"A mantra is the most important prayer we have; it is like the knob
that we are using to tune the mind. When we inwardly slowly repeat,
for example, 'Om Namah Shivaya' while we, at the same time, listen to
its sound for about 30 minutes, the mind will undergo a change, a
transformation. Because the mind cannot accommodate more than one
thing at a time, negative things do not get a chance to enter it. When
that happens, we begin to realize peace and steadiness of mind."
Om Tat Sat Hari Om
Hundreds of meditation groups all over the world - In this meditation,
the participants work to keep their minds focused on the ajna center
(the chakra behind the eye). When we notice our attention going
elsewhere, we bring it back to the ajna by thinking AUM.
'God is not in the sky, God is in Heart.'
"Without sharing there can be no justice;
without justice there can be no peace;
without peace there can be no future."
The World Teacher
10 minute video by Share International about the "star" (UFOs)that are
heralding the appearance of Maitreya the World Teacher -
We are nearing the time for the reign of heaven on earth.
Ending poverty will end terrorism & war.