Jagatguru Shankaracharya Shri Shantanandji
willytex
2004-10-11 04:52:03 UTC
Jagatguru Shankaracharya Shri Shantanandji

The Second World Hindu Conference was held on 25th, 26th and 27th
January 1979 at Prayag. It was inaugurated by the Excellency Shri
Dalai Lama, the great religious leader of Buddhists and was presided
over by Shri Bhagawat Singh, Maharana of Mewar. This was attended by
more than a lakh of representatives from India and abroad.

H.H. The Dalai Lama was accorded a rousing reception by Jagatguru
Shankaracharya Shri Shantanandji. This in itself was a historical
event, because it was a symbol of the unity and identity of Sanatana
Hinduism and Buddhism. Such was the origin and spread of great idea,
which today stands as a mighty Ashwatha Vriksha, Symbolic of Hinduism
and the great Hindu Society.

Source:

http://www.vhp.org/englishsite/a-origin_growth/idea.htm
ColdBluICE
2004-10-11 16:14:11 UTC
Post by willytex
Jagatguru Shankaracharya Shri Shantanandji
<snip>
From a more *ndependent source*
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/position/shank-jyot-ascii.html
However, Santananda's reputation definitely took a blow, although the
major complaint against him was simply that he was unfit for the post
of Sankaracharya, because he did not measure up to the qualifications
described in the Mahanusasana texts. [2]

Also, in 1953, Swami Hariharananda Saraswati (popularly known as
Karapatri Swami), another disciple of Brahmananda Saraswati, was seen
as the more deserving candidate to become the Sankaracharya, but he
didn't want the title. In fact, as the head of the Akhila Bharatiya
Dharmasangha, it is said that Hariharananda had been the first choice
for the Sankaracharya post in 1941, but he had declined and proposed
his guru's name (Brahmananda) instead. It is also said that it was
Hariharananda who convinced his guru to accept the position.
Hariharananda Saraswati passed away recently, and avoided the
Sankaracharya title for himself, but the opinion of his followers is
reflected in the title they have given him - Abhinava Sankara. [3]

Divided Lineage -

Because of the controversy over Brahmananda's will and Santananda's
succession, the organizations involved in reviving Jyotirmath in 1941
considered other nominations for the Sankaracharya post. These efforts
were blessed by Swami Abhinava Sacchidananda Tirtha, the then
Sankaracharya of Dwaraka. In 1953 itself, one Swami Krishnabodha
Asrama was appointed as the new Jyotirmath Sankaracharya, contesting
Santananda's claim.
willytex
2004-10-12 23:25:18 UTC
Post by ColdBluICE
From a more *ndependent source*
January 19, 1998!
Post by ColdBluICE
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/position/shank-jyot-ascii.html
More recent sources:

News Letter
January 31, 2001

"This beautiful ceremony was graced by the holy presence of H.H. Pujya
Shri Shankaracharyaji Vasudevanandji Maharaj from Jyotirmath, H.H.
Mahamandaleshwar Pujya Swami Gurusharananandji Maharaj, H.H. Pujya
Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji (Muniji), H.H. Pujya Sant Shri Rameshbhai
Oza (Bhaishri), H.H. Pujya Brahmachari Brahmaswarupji, Professor Prema
Pandurang and many other great saints and distinguished guests.

You can see a photography of Swamiji's special puja which was offered
into the waters of the Sangam by H.H. Sri Shankaracharyaji
Vasudevanandji Maharaj, Jyotirmath and the other revered saints."

http://www.parmarth.com/updates/jan2001/
ColdBluICE
2004-10-13 14:25:23 UTC
Post by willytex
Post by ColdBluICE
From a more *ndependent source*
January 19, 1998!
Post by ColdBluICE
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/position/shank-jyot-ascii.html
News Letter
January 31, 2001
<snip>
Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji (Muniji),
<snip>
http://www.parmarth.com/updates/jan2001/
-willytex..Muniji would hardly be considered an "independent
source".. as Muniji is a politicin' pundit'... i have met him before
(nearly 10 years ago)

http://www.hinduism-today.com/archives/1995/12/18_barsana_dham_begins.shtml
.."I have witnessed 15 or 16 pran pratishtha celebrations, but today
what we have witnessed was unique, marvelous, matchless--our rishis
were dancing. You are making history!" said H.H. Swami Chidanand
Saraswati (Muniji) of Parmarth Niketan, Rishikesh, India.
willytex
2004-10-14 05:19:53 UTC
Post by ColdBluICE
Muniji would hardly be considered an "independent
source"...
Mr. Perino - According to the Swami Swaroopanand: "It is written in
that will (of Guru Dev) that this is clearly my order, that so far as
Dvarikeshanand Shastri is alive, there is no one who has the right to
make anyone else succeed to that seat unless Dvarkishanand becomes
mentally incompetent or else relinquishes the seat himself. Depriving
him of his seat is disobedience of the teacher's order. Therefore,
neither according to the Mahaanushasan, nor according to the will of
Shankaracharya (Guru Dev), is he (Vishnu Devanand) the rightful
successor..."

The only problem with this statement, as pointed out previously,
concerns the fact that the Swaroopanand himself is attempting to
circumvent the Guru Dev's will by accepting an appointment from a
committee in Kashi!

"There is Shantinand sitting there (pointing to Shantinand sitting on
the stage)."

Swami Shantananda was present at "...a five day birthday celebration
of Guru Dev's oldest living disciple, Swami Akandananda, at the
Akandananda ashram in the town of Vrindaban, India. A great tent and
stage had been erected to hold several thousand guests." - Robert
Kropinski, 1985

This leads me to believe that Swami Shantanand was accepted by Swami
Swaroopanand and all the other participants as the rightful succossor
to Guru Dev, at the birthday celebration of Swami Alakananda. There is
no indication from Swami Swaroop's remarks that would indicate
otherwise.

Therefore, the Shankaracharya of Dwarka, Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati,
has himself refuted your allegations concerning the succussor to Guru
Dev. Any further statements made by you at this point can only be
construed as deliberate deceptions and misinformation.

Note: The above excerpt of the Kropinsky transcript was taken directly
from the taped conversations between Robert Kropinski, a former TM
teacher and follower of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, and Shree
Shankaracharya Swaroopanand Saraswati, a pre-eminent disciple of Swami
Brahmananda Saraswati, as posted on Mike Doughney's Website:

A Visit to the Shankaracharya
http://minet.org/Documents/shank-5
ColdBluICE
2004-10-14 13:39:26 UTC
Post by ColdBluICE
Muniji would hardly be considered an "independent
source"...
Mr. Perino - According to the Swami Swaroopanand: in
that will (of Guru Dev) that this is clearly my order, that so far as
Dvarikeshanand Shastri is alive,
-willytex..once again you fabricate the "truth". Why not tell the
real truth once in awhile?

Here is the quote you are intentionally mis-represent-,
.."Again, the so-called will of the deceased Guru Dev prescribes the
name of Dvarikeshanand Saraswati as the second person, not him..."
http://minet.org/Documents/shank-5

-the difference of course is..you snipped the first part of quotation
where Sri Swaroopananda said-, "the so-called will"...and Sri
Swaaroopananda goes on to refer to VishnuDevananda as "not
him"..meaning VishnuDevananda is not mentioned in the "so-called
will".
there is no one who has the right to
make anyone else succeed to that seat unless Dvarkishanand becomes
mentally incompetent or else relinquishes the seat himself. Depriving
him of his seat is disobedience of the teacher's order.
Therefore,
neither according to the Mahaanushasan, nor according to the will of
Shankaracharya (Guru Dev), is he (Vishnu Devanand) the rightful
successor..."
-no Jackass that is not the quote.

Sri Swaroopananda specifically *excludes* VishnuDevananda as any
rightful successor.
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/position/shank-jyot-ascii.html
.."However, in 1979, when a of the Sankaracharyas of the four Amnaya
mathas was held at Sringeri, Santananda and Vishnudevananda were not
invited. It was Swarupananda Saraswati who represented Jyotirmath.
There is no indication that the rival lineage of Santananda and his
disciples was endorsed at this time by any of the other
Sankaracharyas..."
The only problem with this statement, as pointed out previously,
concerns the fact that the Swaroopanand himself is attempting to
circumvent the Guru Dev's will by accepting an appointment from a
committee in Kashi!
-no Jackass.. Sri Swarooopananda *WAS NOT* appointed by the Kashi
Vidvat Parishad!
That would have been His predesessor one -Swami Krishnabodha
Asrama(Jagadguru Shankaracharya Jyosimutt 1953-1973).

It is a fact Sri Swaroopananda was named as Sri Krishnabodha successor
to Jyosimutt in 1973 by Sri Krishnabodha himself!!
see link cited
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/position/shank-jyot-ascii.html
.."When Krishnabodha Asrama passed away in 1973, he nominated Swami
Swarupananda Saraswati to the title. Swarupananda is a direct disciple
of Brahmananda Saraswati, but he has also studied under both
Krishnabodha Asrama and Abhinava Sacchidananda Tirtha of Dwaraka..."
"There is Shantinand sitting there (pointing to Shantinand sitting on
the stage)."
Swami Shantananda was present at "...a five day birthday celebration
of Guru Dev's oldest living disciple, Swami Akandananda, at the
Akandananda ashram in the town of Vrindaban, India. A great tent and
stage had been erected to hold several thousand guests." - Robert
Kropinski, 1985
This leads me to believe that Swami Shantanand was accepted by Swami
Swaroopanand and all the other participants as the rightful succossor
to Guru Dev, at the birthday celebration of Swami Alakananda. There is
no indication from Swami Swaroop's remarks that would indicate
otherwise.
-no Jackass.. the truthful quoatation from Sri SwaroopanandaJi is as
follows...

.."He asked, did you see Shantinand on the stage? I
replied yes. He said, word came to me that he (Shantinand) had
requested to be allowed on the stage. I allowed him to be present only
because he has given up this nonsense of claiming title to
Shankaracharya. He said Vishnu Devanand, Mahesh's so-called
Shankaracharya, was also here in Vrindaban, he also requested to come
onto the stage, but I refused. Then, he (Vishnu Devanand) stated he
would sit on a lower, undecorated seat if I allowed him to attend. I
refused him. Then, he again begged to simply sit on the floor of the
stage at my feet, if I allowed him to be publicly present. Again I
refused. He said, if I allow him to be seen with me, and all the while
wrongfully claiming title as Shankaracharya, it will appear as if I
approve of his activity, and I do not. Therefore, he said, I have
ordered that he may not even come into the tent to sit in the
audience...
http://minet.org/Documents/shank-1
Therefore, the Shankaracharya of Dwarka, Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati,
has himself refuted your allegations concerning the succussor to Guru
Dev. Any further statements made by you at this point can only be
construed as deliberate deceptions and misinformation.
Note: The above excerpt of the Kropinsky transcript was taken directly
from the taped conversations between Robert Kropinski,
-no not quite Jackass... you intentionally mispresented the
quotations.
willytex
2004-10-14 20:34:21 UTC
Post by ColdBluICE
..once again you fabricate the "truth". Why not tell the
real truth once in awhile?
Here is the quote you are intentionally mis-represent-,
.."Again, the so-called will of the deceased Guru Dev prescribes the
name of Dvarikeshanand Saraswati as the second person, not him..."
http://minet.org/Documents/shank-5
According to Vidyasankar Sundaresan: "Thus, none of the civil suits in
this dispute seems to have been framed in terms of contesting the
legal bona fides of Brahmananda's will."

Post by ColdBluICE
the difference of course is..you snipped the first part of quotation
where Sri Swaroopananda said-, "the so-called will"...and Sri
Swaaroopananda goes on to refer to VishnuDevananda as "not
him"..meaning VishnuDevananda is not mentioned in the "so-called
will".
The position of Swami Swaroopanand is not dependent on the Guru Dev's
will, which the Swaroopanand does not contest in the civil courts.
Post by ColdBluICE
Post by willytex
[...]
"However, once Swami Brahmananda Saraswati was accepted as the
Jyotirmath Sankaracharya, and there were no serious disputes about it
at the time, further activities of these other institutions with
respect to succession issues could be construed as unnecessary
interference."

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/position/shank-jyot-ascii.html

"Vasudevananda was present at the appointment of a Mahamandaleswara of
the Mahanirvani Akhada in 1995 (according to Hinduism Today, August
1995)."

Post by ColdBluICE
Post by willytex
The only problem with this statement, as pointed out previously,
concerns the fact that the Swaroopanand himself is attempting to
circumvent the Guru Dev's will by accepting an appointment from a
committee in Kashi!
-no Jackass.. Sri Swarooopananda *WAS NOT* appointed by the Kashi
Vidvat Parishad!
That would have been His predesessor one -Swami Krishnabodha
Asrama(Jagadguru Shankaracharya Jyosimutt 1953-1973).
"Accounts written by Swarupananda's followers do not mention
Krishnabodha Asrama very prominently, probably because he was not a
direct disciple of Brahmananda Saraswati." (...)

"However, Vasudevananda Saraswati's connections with the Akhada
Parishad (a coordination body that deals with such matters as order of
procession of the Akhadas during the Kumbha Mela, etc.) indicate that
the Dasanami Akhada structure may not be unanimously supportive of
Swarupananda."

Post by ColdBluICE
It is a fact Sri Swaroopananda was named as Sri Krishnabodha successor
to Jyosimutt in 1973 by Sri Krishnabodha himself!!
see link cited
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/position/shank-jyot-ascii.html
.."When Krishnabodha Asrama passed away in 1973, he nominated Swami
Swarupananda Saraswati to the title. Swarupananda is a direct disciple
of Brahmananda Saraswati, but he has also studied under both
Krishnabodha Asrama and Abhinava Sacchidananda Tirtha of Dwaraka..."
"According to currently applicable Indian law, which is itself based
on pan-Indian tradition, a Mathadhipati has a right to choose his
successor from among his disciples."

Post by ColdBluICE
Post by willytex
[...]
"Madhava Asrama's claim to the Jyotirmath Sankaracharya title is based
on the stance that after Swarupananda Saraswati took up the Dwaraka
Sankaracharya title in 1982, his title at Jyotirmath has been
nullified by the passage of time. Supporters of Vasudevananda's claim
have also offered an identical argument."

(...)

"However, for more than a decade after assuming charge at Dwaraka,
Swarupananda Saraswati had continued to retain his Jyotirmath title.
It is said that in 1993-4, the Kashi Vidvat Parishad and the Akhila
Bharatiya Dharmasangha decided that this was creating much public
confusion, and decided to appoint Madhava Asrama as the Sankaracharya
of Jyotirmath. The coronation ceremony is reported to have been
conducted in Varanasi itself."

Post by ColdBluICE
Post by willytex
Therefore, the Shankaracharya of Dwarka, Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati,
has himself refuted your allegations concerning the succussor to Guru
Dev. Any further statements made by you at this point can only be
construed as deliberate deceptions and misinformation.
Note: The above excerpt of the Kropinsky transcript was taken directly
from the taped conversations between Robert Kropinski,
...you intentionally mispresented the
quotations.
Here are the facts:

The mere fact that Swami Shantanand was present at the birthday party
of Swami Akandananda is proof enough of Shantanand's stature as the
successor to Swami Branhmanada.

According to numerous sources that I have cited such as 'Hinduism
Today', 'The Times of India', the 'Vishva Hindu Parishad', and
numerous other individual including one of India's greatest Saints,
Sri Anandamayi, and others such as H.H. Mahamandaleshwar Pujya Swami
Gurusharananandji Maharaj, H.H. Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji,
H.H. Pujya Sant Shri Rameshbhai Oza (Bhaishri), and H.H. Pujya
Brahmachari Brahmaswarupji.

http://www.parmarth.com/updates/jan2001/

The fact is that there are many in India who accepted the position of
Swami Shantanand Saraswati as the successor to Guru Dev and that he
was the Shankaracharya of Jyotirmath.
Post by ColdBluICE
-no not quite Jackass...
Yo, Jackass! You cannot accept these facts because of your bias in
favor of your own guru, Swami Prakashananda Saraswati. You need to get
some smarts, Mister, if you are going to dialog on this forum. Swami
Vasudevanada Saraswati is the successor to Swami Brahmanada Saraswati
and he is the Shankaracharya of the Allahabad Peeth, and is worshipped
by miillions as the embodiment of the Adi Shankara, Maheshvara.

There is one undisputed fact:

Neither the name 'Prakashanand' or 'Swaroopanand' appear in the will
of Swami Brahmanand Saraswati. With respect to the desciplic
succession, a committee down in Kashi has attempted to interfere on
THREE occasions in the Guru Dev paramapara!

"Another Swami has claimed that he was once offered the Jyotirmath
Sankaracharya title, which he respectfully declined. This is
Prakasananda Saraswati, who has set up an "International Society of
Divine Love" and a Rasesvari Radharani temple, known as Barsana Dham,
in Texas, USA. Although he was initiated into Sannyasa by Brahmananda
Saraswati, his personal religious philosophy is Acintya Bhedabheda,
associated with Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Gaudiya Vaishnavas. This leads
me to seriously suspect his claim of having been offered the
Sankaracharya post."

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/position/shank-jyot-ascii.html

From Anandamayi Org:

"By 6 am. Mataji Herself and everyone else were ready on the road side
to receive His holiness Jagatguru Sri Sri 1008 Swami Santananda
Saraswati of Jyotir Math, who was the chief guest. He arrived promptly
at 6.10 by car and at once boarded the limousine car together with
Mataji. The proce­ssion started at 6.15, led by the Ashram jeep,
driven by Br. Sevananda. Followed the two bands. Next came Ashram
Brahmacharis in rows of three, carrying tall flags. Thereafter two by
two, ashramites and devotees including Dr. Triguna Sen, Sri Kania,
Col. Shukla, Dr. Gopal Das Gupta, and others.

http://www.anandamayi.org/sadhana/mlt.html

From Hinduism Today:

Shantanand Saraswati Ji: Jadadguru Sri Shankaracharya Jyotirmatha,
Himalayas

PASSED ON: Senior, retired, Shankaracharya of Jyotir Peeth, Swami
Shantanand Saraswati Ji Maharaj, age ninety, on December 7, 1997, in
Allahabad, India. Senior leaders of the VHP participated in final
rites. Swami became Shankaracharya in 1953 after the death of his
guru, Brahmanand Saraswati. Swami Basudevanand Saraswati is his
successor.

Hinduism Today March 1998
ColdBluICE
2004-10-15 12:28:08 UTC
Post by willytex
Post by ColdBluICE
..once again you fabricate the "truth". Why not tell the
real truth once in awhile?
Here is the quote you are intentionally mis-represent-,
.."Again, the so-called will of the deceased Guru Dev prescribes the
name of Dvarikeshanand Saraswati as the second person, not him..."
http://minet.org/Documents/shank-5
According to Vidyasankar Sundaresan: "Thus, none of the civil suits in
this dispute seems to have been framed in terms of contesting the
legal bona fides of Brahmananda's will."
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/position/shank-jyot-ascii.html
-Yo Jackass.. why would Sri SwaroopanandaJi need to file a civil suit
with respect to the "so-called will" of Sri BrahmanandaJi?

Afterall Sri SwaroopanandaJi was appointed successor ro Sri
Krishnabodha AsramaJi in 1973 at Jyosimutt.

That would a full 20 years after Sri BrahmanandaJi's passing.

Vidyasankar Sundaresan is raising the issue of civil suits to contest
the will at the time of Sri BrahmanandaJi's passing..Dumbass!!... not
twenty years down the road.

And, secondly.. why would there be a need for Sri SwaroopanandaJi to
file a suit to contest Swami Shantiananda's "claim".. when
Swami Shantinanda had-, "given up this nonsense of claiming title to
Shankaracharya."

see links cited

Post by willytex
Post by ColdBluICE
the difference of course is..you snipped the first part of quotation
where Sri Swaroopananda said-, "the so-called will"...and Sri
Swaaroopananda goes on to refer to VishnuDevananda as "not
him"..meaning VishnuDevananda is not mentioned in the "so-called
will".
The position of Swami Swaroopanand is not dependent on the Guru Dev's
will, which the Swaroopanand does not contest in the civil courts.
-NO SHIT!! .. JACKASS...see above
Hinduism Today March 1998
willytex
2004-10-15 21:58:57 UTC
Post by willytex
According to Vidyasankar Sundaresan: "Thus, none of the civil suits in
this dispute seems to have been framed in terms of contesting the
legal bona fides of Brahmananda's will."
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/position/shank-jyot-ascii.html
...why would Sri SwaroopanandaJi need to file a civil suit
with respect to the "so-called will" of Sri BrahmanandaJi?
Why don't you ask the Swaroop - after all, you made the claim that he
had contested the will in court.
After all Sri SwaroopanandaJi was appointed successor ro Sri
Krishnabodha AsramaJi in 1973 at Jyosimutt.
According to Madhva Ashram it was he who was appointed by the
committee.
That would a full 20 years after Sri BrahmanandaJi's passing.
You are confused - it was Swami Shantanand Saraswati who sued the
Swaroop, not the other way around.
Vidyasankar Sundaresan is raising the issue of civil suits to contest
the will at the time of Sri BrahmanandaJi's passing..Dumbass!!... not
twenty years down the road.
There were no challenges to the will in a civil court, that's the
point.
And, secondly.. why would there be a need for Sri SwaroopanandaJi to
file a suit to contest Swami Shantiananda's "claim".. when
Swami Shantinanda had, "given up this nonsense of claiming title to
Shankaracharya."
According to Hinduism Today and numerous other sources, Swami
Shantanand was considered to be the Shankaracharya. You insist on not
acknowledging such - why?
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/position/shank-jyot-ascii.html
.."However, in 1979, when a of the Sankaracharyas of the four Amnaya
mathas was held at Sringeri, Santananda and Vishnudevananda were not
invited. It was Swarupananda Saraswati who represented Jyotirmath.
There is no indication that the rival lineage of Santananda and his
disciples was endorsed at this time by any of the other
Sankaracharyas..."
It's a moot point, Mr. Perino, because there is no real Shankaracharya
of the North - that line is extinct. Swami Vasudevananda Saraswati is
the successor to Swami Shantanand and that is what counts.
Vasudevananda is the Shankaracharya of Allahabad Peeth. Who cares who
the Shankaracharya of Jyotirmath is?
Hinduism Today March 1998
ColdBluICE
2004-10-21 13:36:20 UTC
Post by willytex
Post by willytex
According to Vidyasankar Sundaresan: "Thus, none of the civil suits in
this dispute seems to have been framed in terms of contesting the
legal bona fides of Brahmananda's will."
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/position/shank-jyot-ascii.html
...why would Sri SwaroopanandaJi need to file a civil suit
with respect to the "so-called will" of Sri BrahmanandaJi?
Why don't you ask the Swaroop - after all, you made the claim that he
had contested the will in court.
-Yo Jackass..wassup?
In case you are interested... i *NEVER* made any such claim regarding-
Sri SwaroopanandaJi contesting the will in court!

Find my claim.. JACKASS!
Post by willytex
After all Sri SwaroopanandaJi was appointed successor ro Sri
Krishnabodha AsramaJi in 1973 at Jyosimutt.
According to Madhva Ashram it was he who was appointed by the
committee.
-exactly!...not Sri SwaroopanandaJi
Post by willytex
That would a full 20 years after Sri BrahmanandaJi's passing.
You are confused - it was Swami Shantanand Saraswati who sued the
Swaroop, not the other way around.
-*EXACTLY*...Shantinanda filed a lawsuit (*PERSONALLY FUNDED* by Lil
MishMashi Mahesh in '62/'63) some *ten years* after Sri
BrahmanandaJi's passing...
For the sole issue of pressing Shantinananda's *spurious claim* to the
seat at Jyosimutt based upon the *Fraudlent Will*.

Hence the need for Lil Mahesh to donate 100,000 rupees to purchase the
property for "shankaracharya nagar" in 1963 (as Mr. Paul Mason points
out in his "biography" of MishMashi Mahesh)...as one would not expect
Shantinanda to sit on a throne in the middle of the street. And, he
could *NOT* return to Jyosimutt!
Post by willytex
Vidyasankar Sundaresan is raising the issue of civil suits to contest
the will at the time of Sri BrahmanandaJi's passing..Dumbass!!... not
twenty years down the road.
There were no challenges to the will in a civil court, that's the
point.
-only by Shantinananda funded by Mahesh to contest "Shantiananda's
*spurious claim*."
Post by willytex
And, secondly.. why would there be a need for Sri SwaroopanandaJi to
file a suit to contest Swami Shantiananda's "claim".. when
Swami Shantinanda had, "given up this nonsense of claiming title to
Shankaracharya."
According to Hinduism Today and numerous other sources, Swami
Shantanand was considered to be the Shankaracharya. You insist on not
acknowledging such - why?
-only by the constant insistence of Lil MishMashi Mahesh for about 15
years ('63-'78) by 1979 Shantinanda had "givien up this nonsense of
calling himself Shankaracharya".