TMers Code of Conduct, Updated
Willytex
2004-07-27 05:39:26 UTC
The TMer's Code of Conduct

1. You may not bait, insult, flame, or otherwise abuse a TMer.

2. You may not bait, troll, lurk or flame on alt.m.t.

Baiting is defined as posting with a clear intent to provoke anger.
Trolling is posting incendiary messages with intent to form hostility.
Lurking is behavior that results in trolling and baiting, then flaming.
Flaming is an attempt to cause a forum war or riot.

Avoid redundant posts and always insure data integrity.

You are not allowed to post the copyrighted work of others in order to
prove your point in a debate. Usenet does not qualify as educational
'fair use'. Don't plagiarize - it's illegal. Use your own words.

3. Spamming

You may not spam a TMer.

Spam includes, but is not limited to, the following:

Excessive off-topic threads
Posting nonsensical messages
"Flooding" the forum with similar meaning messages
Post-Count farming
Blatant advertising
Messages without content
Using a persons name in the subject line
Posing as another using their handle

4. Privacy

You may not post any form of real life information of a TMer unless they
permit it by express consent. Examples of real life information include
name, address, IP addresses, and phone numbers, place of employ, or Dome
badge number.

You may not distribute email address, private/email Messages, and/or
Instant Messenger messages ("Chatlogs") with intent to harass or in any
way demean a TMer.

You should not post any form of real life information if you are 13 or
under.

5. Miscellaneous

Do not post negative posts and discussions that are repeated over and
over and over with no other purpose than to disrupt TMer conversation
and debate. If you feel the need to say something, say it once and then
move on.

Don't make up stuff.

You are not allowed to bash the Maharishi - if you do, you will be asked
to leave.

6. Do not disrupt multiple threads between TMers in order to get your
view out.

7. You are not allowed to solicit sex with a minor TMer or anyone else
on alt.m.t. Avoid discussing anyone's private sex life, or lack thereof.

8. Stay on topic.

Updated on 7/27/2004
Uncle Tantra
2004-07-27 16:35:01 UTC
To save time for readers, I have edited Willytex's made-up
"Code of Conduct" to remove the superfluous parts and leave
only the parts that show 1) how a 40-year TMer sees the world,
2) his assessment of his relative importance in that world,
and 3) his assumptions about what he has the right to tell
Post by Willytex
The TMer's Code of Conduct
1. You may not...
2. You may not...
You are not allowed to...
3. Spamming
You may not...
4. Privacy
You may not...
You may not...
5. Miscellaneous
Do not...
Don't...
You are not allowed to...
6. Do not...
7. You are not allowed to...
Updated on 7/27/2004
Steve Ralph
2004-07-27 19:55:48 UTC
Post by Uncle Tantra
To save time for readers, I have edited Willytex's made-up
"Code of Conduct" to remove the superfluous parts and leave
only the parts that show 1) how a 40-year TMer sees the world,
No, this is how Willitex sees the world, who happens to be a TM'er.

I'm sure he can dig up a much longer list of your particular form of
nonsense!

SR
Post by Uncle Tantra
2) his assessment of his relative importance in that world,
and 3) his assumptions about what he has the right to tell
Post by Willytex
The TMer's Code of Conduct
1. You may not...
2. You may not...
You are not allowed to...
3. Spamming
You may not...
4. Privacy
You may not...
You may not...
5. Miscellaneous
Do not...
Don't...
You are not allowed to...
6. Do not...
7. You are not allowed to...
Updated on 7/27/2004
Richard Williams
2004-07-27 23:38:29 UTC
2. You may not bait, troll, lurk or flame on alt.m.t.

From: Steve Ralph
Subject: TMers Code of Conduct, Updated
Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental
Date: 2004-07-26

No, this is how Willitex sees the world, who happens to be a TM'er.
Richard Williams
2004-07-27 23:33:48 UTC

that world about what they can do and not do on a public forum:
Richard Williams

From: ColdBluICE
Subject: Re: OT: The alt.m.t. pundits have failed us!
Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental
Date: 2004-06-25 11:32:25 PST

Hmmm, wonder if your supervisor is aware of your
mis-appropiation of taxpayer property...perhaps
we should a phone call
Richard Williams
2004-07-28 00:02:11 UTC

From: Uncle Tantra
Subject: What Willytex is *really* doing with those prairie dogs
Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental
Date: 2004-03-26 11:26:32 PST

Finally, an explanation for what most of us have considered
somewhat...uh...aberrant behavior. Relevant section marked
with **s. - Unc

Kiss of the Yogini:
"Tantric Sex" in Its South Asian Contexts
by David Gordon White
Richard Williams
2004-07-28 00:05:44 UTC

From: Barry
Subject: Re: OT: Democrats Applaud....
Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental
Date: 2004-01-22 09:30:51 PST

Fuck you, you little fascist shit.
Richard Williams
2004-07-28 00:12:40 UTC

From: John Manning
Subject: Where is Judy when TMers need her?
Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental
Date: 2001-11-15 15:59:58 PST

Judy, let's talk. It will be very enlightening to so many - which, as
I have been told, you really get to the nitty gritty.

Please be warned that I have been fully informed about your skills at
obfuscation and ad hominem. I will tolerate none of that.
Richard Williams
2004-07-28 00:15:20 UTC
5. Miscellaneous

From: John Manning
Subject: "Buying" a stairway to heaven
Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental
Date: 2002-05-14 16:03:57 PST

If there really was something like Sodom and Gomorrah (I really don't
know), it represents to me, a metaphor of the spiritual emptiness of
Maharishi and his agenda. And will reap, spiritually, the same
results.
Richard Williams
2004-07-28 00:21:39 UTC
5. Miscellaneous

Don't make up stuff.

From: John Manning
Subject: Re: Something positive about TM
Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental
Date: 2004-04-21 16:04:01 PST

Stay away from the TMO. They will poison you.

From: ColdBluICE
Subject: Re: The Biography
Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental
Date: 2001-09-20 18:16:44 PST

Brahmachari mahesh and his *running partner* (satyananda),
were part of a nefarious plot to rid the Ashram of their
Master by posioning him to death! In order to steal the
money and property from his Master's Mission.

From: ColdBluICE
Subject: Re: Question for expert Doughney.
Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental
Date: 2004-02-24 19:07:40 PST

Over 50 years ago Lil MishMashi Mahesh conspired with the
ashram cook to murder his "master" to get at the materail
wealth of the ashram, and usurp his master's authority by
claiming his master's title for himself.

Lil MishMashi Mahesh (the Addled Old Psychopath) is
a lying, thieving scum-sucking dog that has human feces
for a heart.
Richard Williams
2004-07-28 00:24:03 UTC

From: John Manning
Subject: To BillyG
Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental
Date: 2001-10-22 10:00:24 PST

Here is the beef:

"It is said that Guru Dev was given poison.

Who gave that poison we don't know but we
know that there was poison in his body. When
Guru Dev's body became unwell, then we wanted
him to go to Kashi to rest. But he (Mahesh)
removed him from that trip forcibly and took
him to speak in Calcutta. There he died.
John Manning
2004-07-28 03:21:31 UTC
HA HA HA ... All of these prohibitions [which have absolutely nothing
whatsoever to do with TM or TMers] are the trademarks of their author,
the local clown. Perhaps the word 'hypocrite' has never registered in
his drug addled brain.

Heh, Heh ... Here's Willytex's hero:
Updated on 7/27/2004
willytex
2004-07-28 17:33:40 UTC
Post by John Manning
Perhaps the word 'hypocrite' has never registered
Mr. Manning - D'oh!

It's a fairly standard set of guidelines that are available on Usenet.
All I did was add the term "TMers" as an insider joke.

Apparently neither you nor Mr. Wright got it. But the examples I've posted
sure do look like you two don't understand much about Internet etiquette,
as your response aptly demonstrates.

I seem to have finally struck a chord with you guys - we are on the same path!
Post by John Manning
in his drug addled brain.
Maybe the both of you didn't get it because you're still on DHMO.

I've always said "Just give 'em enough rope and they'll hang themselves."

4. Privacy

From: John Manning
Subject: Willy emails me. My response.
Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental
Date: 2002-03-18 18:09:59 PST

The 'devil' you ask about is probably the equivalent of the most
powerful rakshasa - in your mind frame.

John Manning
Willytex

From: John Manning
Subject: Re: A Big Blue Bus?
Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental, alt.meditation, alt.yoga,
alt.buddha.short.fat.guy
Date: 2004-07-27 17:43:29 PST

Willytex took the Blue Pill along with his methamphetamine.
Willytex
2004-07-28 23:23:29 UTC
5. Miscellaneous

If you feel the need to say something, say it once and then move on.

From: Uncle Tantra
Subject: La Merde Finale
Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental
Date: 2004-07-28 10:31:14 PST

I've got a friend here in Paris, an American guy who has been living
here for 20 years and who is a treasure trove of slang, cognizant of
the ultimate French phrase to describe certain phenomena.
sir_snake86
2004-07-29 22:05:52 UTC
Post by Willytex
[...]
Cool.. maybe you can become a police man.