Shrim or Shirim?
Add Reply
d***@gmail.com
2016-04-18 23:21:09 UTC
Very interesting reading regarding the issues with mantras, pronunciation, forgetfulness, and origin of the word sounds. I love TM, and have been practicing since 1976. Worth every penny and criticism. Peace, brothers and sisters.
h***@gmail.com
2016-10-28 05:19:40 UTC
I'm new to this group - I read with interest the various postings on
Shring and Shrim !
Untill recently,I thought my TM mantra was unique to me,untill I met
someone with the same mantra,but I am confused !
The mantra I was issued sounds like 'Shehrem' or 'Shuhrem' of 2
syllables:- pronounced SHEH-REM or SHUH-REM (It's a pity this is not
in wav file format then you would hear my pronounciation!).Does anyone
else appart from my acquaintance share this mantra?
Regards,
Phyllis
moshin ali love shirim fatama
d***@verizon.net
I just saw someone last week and they told me to mediate using the word "shirim." I pronounce it like sha-rim. I don't know if this is helpful to you. The person who told me to do this seemed like she was making the word up as she spoke to me. Very strange if you ask me. Don't know if I'll be going back -- I don't like being played!!
n***@sbcglobal.net
2017-05-02 19:46:45 UTC
Post by d***@verizon.net
[...]
Pronunciation doesn't have to be exact. It will morph a bit anyway as you meditate.