Shrim or Shirim?
d***@gmail.com
2016-04-18 23:21:09 UTC
Very interesting reading regarding the issues with mantras, pronunciation, forgetfulness, and origin of the word sounds. I love TM, and have been practicing since 1976. Worth every penny and criticism. Peace, brothers and sisters.
h***@gmail.com
2016-10-28 05:19:40 UTC
I'm new to this group - I read with interest the various postings on
Shring and Shrim !
Untill recently,I thought my TM mantra was unique to me,untill I met
someone with the same mantra,but I am confused !
The mantra I was issued sounds like 'Shehrem' or 'Shuhrem' of 2
syllables:- pronounced SHEH-REM or SHUH-REM (It's a pity this is not
in wav file format then you would hear my pronounciation!).Does anyone
else appart from my acquaintance share this mantra?
Regards,
Phyllis
moshin ali love shirim fatama
d***@verizon.net
I just saw someone last week and they told me to mediate using the word "shirim." I pronounce it like sha-rim. I don't know if this is helpful to you. The person who told me to do this seemed like she was making the word up as she spoke to me. Very strange if you ask me. Don't know if I'll be going back -- I don't like being played!!
n***@sbcglobal.net
Pronunciation doesn't have to be exact. It will morph a bit anyway as you meditate.
m***@gmail.com
2017-12-28 00:22:50 UTC
I'm sorry you had money taken from you by a dishonest organization which promotes itself as "scientific" even though it is rooted in Hindu mysticism.

That said, I think meditation, in general can be a very positive practice. You just don't need a spiritual pyramid scheme to get the tools for your practice.

You could use any mantra that doesn't have representative sounds in it, for example, "Ah-Om".

Good luck.
Из Алматы
2017-12-28 10:16:31 UTC
Many years ago this organisatiion was the leading promoter or sales org for
meditation in the world. Today another player is on the market, they call it
"Mindfullnes" you only need to meditate, there are no king here, no raja,
you dont need to demolish you house and build a meditation building and many
more grotesq claims from this org.

Willytex
2018-01-01 19:31:57 UTC
Everyone meditates. there's probably nobody on the planet who
doesn't meditate by now. Meditation simply means to "think
things over".

Almost everyone pauses at least once or twice a day to take
stock of their own mental contents, even if they don't use a
mantra or a specific technique.

Meditation is based on thinking, and anyone who thinks,
meditates, by definition.